My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Monday, March 14, 2005

Hullo world...

I’m listening to Dave Navvarro (on the http://6767.typepad.com/# radio player) talking about smoking & gauging the timeline of events which have occurred during his 22 years of smoking, and it’s made me think…

I’ve never considered myself a smoker (in that if there are no cigarettes around then I don’t worry, when I decided to not smoke at work, in the morning or during the day it wasn’t a problem.) I only smoke a few a day, and smoke mostly when out, especially at gigs/clubs as for some reason it seems to be the right thing to do. As soon as smoking is banned in bars/venues I won’t fret. In all honesty, regardless of whether or not I consider myself a smoker very few days have passed in the last 15 years where I haven’t had at least one.

I’m fairly fit, cycle everywhere, rarely use a lift where stairs are available, walk lots, occasionally visit the gym and therefore have always figured that the short term negative aspects have been more or less negated. I’m not stupid I know long term negatives exist, but I also firmly believe that life is such a convoluted road that simply avoiding obvious potholes doesn’t guarantee a successful journey.

But listening to someone asking a question along the lines of “think of all the things that have happened in the time you have been smoking” has made me think that I have been smoking too long (it also actually made me work out how long I had been smoking & it’s a lot longer than I would have thought, if that makes any sense at all)…

I must admit that I have recently been thinking that I’ve experienced as much from tobacco as I need to & as the circumstance today is that I went to a gig last night & therefore happen to be out of tobacco, today seems like a good day to actually become a non-smoker, in more than just my own mind.

I’ve also been intending to join in this blogging fun for a while, I’m sure I’m supposed to introduce myself, to present you initially with some sort of canned biography. I have abandoned the few botched attempts I have made of writing an introduction & as I figure this has been providing me with a hurdle which I have no real desire to overcome, I’ve decided to jump straight into the sharing of my thoughts…

wil

5 Comments:

Blogger BloodyWits said...

Welcome to blogger. :-)

I just stumbled over your blog while in search for something new to read and I was pleasantly surprised by your style. (The fact that I'm a fan of Dave Navarro and I'm a smoker who's been thinking about quitting didn't hurt any.) I'll be stopping in more often, I think.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Hello not so much of a stranger. I will be returning. Makes a nice change from talking bollocks at gigs as well...

4:44 AM  
Blogger theboywil said...

Thanks to you both for reading...

wil

4:57 AM  
Blogger An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

stumbled upon your blog not entirely by accident - it was recommended by the guy with the little lego face :)

Anyways, welcome aboard.

xxxx

5:22 AM  
Blogger theboywil said...

Hullo...
& welcome...

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home