My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Friday, August 19, 2011

There'll be no singing today...

Today was a good day. Not a day when I managed to listen to any music, but a good day all the same.

I did kick off an album by the Strokes at around 7:30 this morning, but after just a few bars of the first song I received a phone call, pause was pressed and work was started. As soon as this initial task was completed I put together a to-do list of stuff I wanted to get done today, and then straight into the doing.

The small amount of time I spent at my desk was a testament the actual productive amount of stuff achieved, a day full of meetings which were not so much meetings as working sessions, listening sessions, bargaining sessions, and thanking sessions. Then the day was rounded off with a nice planning session.

On the way home I was copied on an email between one of the senior managers (who I spent a large part of the day with) and another senior manager (who my boss reports to) saying how grateful he was for my contributions and the large benefit that has and will be provided thanks to them... Which is nice.

It's great to be going into the weekend with a decent sense of achievement and feeling of wellbeing. Although, in real terms I mostly use my friendliness, patience and good humor to facilitate between the people who want the work done and the people who can actually carry out the tasks. (I always make sure to acknowledge this to both the workers and the benefactors.) Sometimes I wonder why my mediation skills are needed, but after days like today I see that sometimes they are and when they are I am glad that I can provide them.

Now for onward to a relaxing weekend!!!

Oh and another good thing about today, after getting home (and after popping to the pub) I changed the dressing on my foot (boo for third degree burns from boiling caramel on July 5th) and the large wound is finally starting to shrink... Yay..!!! The other largish one is almost fully closed up too... Yay!!! I may actually be able to wear proper shoes again in maybe a month, go me, the heal monster, the wound assassin..

For those who haven't seen, here's the stylin footwear I have been rocking for the last several weeks
Customized Brooks adrenaline GTS 11
(click pic for full sized fun)

1 Comments:

Blogger skroman said...

Hooray for your good day! And double Hooray for your wounds healing. Must be the honey.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home