My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Monday, March 14, 2005

Lines from 25 random iPod tracks...

A list inspired by this posting on Mark Reed’s blog… My favourite line/lines from the first 25 songs which appeared at random on my iPod, I’ve also bunged the song & artist down in a list directly following, which I know kills the game aspect of it somewhat, but it’ll give instant gratification to anyone who wants it, if you don’t want to look then you don’t have to….

1. So now you know your ABC of juvenile delinquency, violent crime & poverty.

2. Braiding a dark red love knot into her long black hair.

3. My blood is working but my, my heart is dead.

4. Always fade out in a montage.

5. Rushing to watch your spirit fully drop.

6. You’ll learn to live like an animal in the jungle where we play.

7. I said “Leave me the way I was before”, but, you're already in there…

8. Half a man walks with no shadow, of life he utters his distaste, no apology is expected, love carved sorry in his face.

9. Today is a feast ending too early.

10. I can’t work out what it does or how it came to be.

11. You can’t have a cupboard if there ain’t no wall.

12. The ultimate in vanity, exploiting their supremacy.

13. You gotta tell your story boy, before it’s time to go.

14. I don't wanna be a pinhead no more. I just met a nurse that I could go for. (not a lot of choice of lyrics in this track…)

15. Opium dreams through the seven dials and feel the pillow over your head (I had to look these lyrics up & none of the lines are that inspiring… Good title & a fun track to listen to though)

16. He probably left her for a socialite and he didn't love her 'cept at night and then he's drunk and never even told her that he cared.

17. Pull me in to your perfect circle.

18. I hate the way it seems that the negative rules, got these fools going out for green cloth and jewels.

19. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, life moves pretty fast, you don’t stop & look around once in a while then you could miss it.

20. Goddamn right its a beautiful day.

21. Me and you are subject to the blues now and then.

22. Augusta, Georgia, late September one Mr. Brown's hot tempered this man's possessed, he's restless he's armed and dangerous, drugged and reckless.

23. I still see tenderness in your face, an innocence straight from infant days, there must be tenderness deep inside, you’re so cold… But it shows.

24. She had the sightless eyes telling me no lies knockin' me out with those American thighs. Taking more than her share she had me fighting for air, She told me to come but I was already there.

25. I would be great to die together on first day of the year cus then we’d be quite legendary, could you volunteer?


1. Perfect Day to Drop the Bomb – Carter USM.

2. Highwayman – Phil Ochs

3. Dead – The Pixies

4. Montage – Team America OST

5. Psycho – System of A down

6. Welcome to the Jungle – Guns n’ Roses

7. Cloud on my Tongue – Tori Amos

8. The Woman in You – Ben Harper

9. Sacrifice – Front 242

10. What’s it all about – Ian Mcnabb

11. The Old Laughing Lady – Neil Young

12. And Justice for all – Metallica

13. Are you ready for the country – Neil Young

14. Pinhead – The Ramones

15. The Ballad of Resurrection Joe & Rosa Whore – Rob Zombie

16. Invitation to the Blues – Tom Waits

17. Orestes – A Perfect Circle

18. Bring it – The Herbaliser

19. Track 10 Yoshimi Battles the hiphop robots – The Kleptons vs The Flaming Lips

20. Mr E’s Beautiful Blues – The Eels

21. Song Sung Blue – Neil Diamond (hmmmmm)

22. Not now James, we’re busy - PWEI (this bought a smile to my face when it started, especially as it followed Neil Diamond… Bask in the beauty of the iPod’s randomness).

23. A Plea For Tenderness – Jonathan Richman

24. You shook me all night long – AC/DC

25. Don’t let me down Gently – The Wonder Stuff



I quite enjoyed that... For completeness I should tell you that four tracks were skipped due to being either spoken word (the two that popped up were one from Zen & the art of Motorcycle Maintenance & From one from Arizona Bay by Bill Hicks) or instrumental (Ventolin - Aphex Twin & 'The Girlfriend of the Whirling Dervish' from Ultra Lounge's Mondo Exotica)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home