My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A Nice Thing…

I know it’s not very much, and all that… But…

This afternoon I popped out to post a parcel. Getting to the Post Office at 17.25 I assumed that I had missed the post, but not to worry as long as it’s posted it’s all done and dusted at my end…

The postman was just making his collection, but seeing that I was obviously about to post something, he asked if I wanted him to wait until I’d paid and he would take it. I said I did and he did…It made me happy, living in the city you get so used to people being less that friendly and helpful…

I know that you could say that “it’s his job” etc etc, but a little act of consideration made me feel really good; it was one of those times which makes you appreciate just how the smallest of gestures can bring cheer to people…

It’s not hard to make each other a little happier…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home