My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Friday, January 06, 2006

Yay for Friday.

I'm so happy it's Friday, and double happy that it really actually totally is.

I'll explain, having had a bit of a busyish morning I went for my lunchtime walk into Birmingham (where I nearly bought lots of wonderful less than half price Buffy Lego/Kubrick-style action figures from Nostalgia & Comics, but that's a whole different story). While in N&C I realised that I had completely forgotten what day it was; well not completely as I was aware it was Thursday or Friday, but for the life of me I could now work out which. I really wanted to ask someone, but then realised how 'odd' it would be for a tired looking long-haired bloke walking up to you and asking that sort of question...

I just could not remember whether it was Thursday or Friday, my iPod was the only thing I had on me which told the time and (unlike my phone) was not out of batteries; however, as lovely as iPods are they fail to tell you what day of the week it is..

(Granted I could have looked at the calendar function but, as I never use that feature, it didn’t occur to me until I got back to the office…)

The whole walk back I was hoping that it was Friday, so obviously by the time I got back to work I had totally convinced myself that because I wanted sooo much for it to be Friday that it must be Thursday...


Yay for getting upstairs, opening an e-mail from my wonderful wife in which she was rejoicing the fact that tomorrow is indeed the weekend... (And for being reminded that in the UK we kinda live in the future, meaning that my weekend was due to be starting roughly eight hours ahead of her’s even though she will be finishing work earlier in the day that I would/did)

Happy weekend to all…

wil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home