My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Monday, March 14, 2005

A good day...

Today has been great…

I have done today more or less exactly what I wanted to do with a randomly taken day off, what I have actually done amounts to roughly nothing.

Not in a lazy slothful type nothing, I have been busy all day, working to achieve the right level of nothingness. I suppose nothing is a bit of an overstatement as I have been slightly constructive, a flowing effortless type of constructive. My house is clean & tidy, my laundry basket is empty & there is no washing up to do. I could have got everything done in an hour but no, I spent all day pottering around & the day has just flown by. I feel content.

The contentment has been helped no end by the fact that spring seems to have finally arrived, the cold spell has lifted, it’s still overcast but reasonably bright. For the first time this year I have windows in my house open, enabling me to sit here enjoying fractions of birdsong, and the smell of fresh air (or as fresh as it ever gets in the English midlands). It’s been a good day.

I have spent quite a long time reading other peoples blogs today (as well as other general faffing around on the internet). So have picked up a few list type things to have a go at (which is where the list which preceded this post came from)

Tomorrow I’m off to Worthing for a couple of days spent in meetings, which unfortunately means a 5.30am start. I don’t drive so a colleague is picking me up at around 6 (it’s a three hour journey, boo hiss). I’m looking forward to the trip, even though it’ll be hard work. As I’ve not taken part in the requirements gathering process before everything will be new and exciting, if not a little daunting…

There’s probably not going to be the opportunity to get any personal internet time, (unless the hotel has developed a nice free wireless hotspot recently), but as I seem to have posted way too much already that shouldn’t be too much of a hardship.

Anyway... off to get a nice early night…

wil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home