My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Always say hullo when you happen across people you used to know...

Well, it’s been a while… It looks like I’m pretty useless at this blogging thing, I’m sure the point is that I write with more regularity than every two weeks. I’ll try to be a little more productive in the future.

Something I do seem to be good at is the giving up smoking thing, it all seemed to go quite nicely to plan. I had written that I figured I’d reduced my consumption to the point of no longer being addicted, however I wasn’t total convinced of the truth myself. Having announced that I didn’t think that I would struggle I had no choice but to find out, but it turned out to be true. I’ve not had a cigarette for two and a half weeks, and I now don’t really seem to miss it. I don’t know why I didn’t do this years ago.

There have been a few fantastic things happening over the last couple of weeks, the main thing being having an old friend getting in touch with me after us not seeing each other for 11 years. After 11 years of moving around the idea of getting touch via actual addresses was now way beyond the chance of ever really being achievable. This is where the wonders of the internet take over, sharing certain interests she was reading a band’s message board, spotted something written by me and got in touch.

This chance re-meeting mostly explains my failure to actually blog anything for the last couple of weeks. All the spare time I have had to write anything have been devoted to writing to her. She lives 5000 miles away, and eight hours behind, so other forms of communication are pretty much out of the window.

I can’t say how happy catching up with someone from years ago has made me, if you ever happen across someone you once knew, no matter how fleetingly, don’t hesitate to say hello. It’s always good to bring a little cheer to someone’s day…

Anyway… I don’t really seem to be saying much here, so I’m off… with the solid intention of actually writing on a more regular basis (and hopefully with a little more substance) in the future…

wil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home